Why you need to buy the Best Jumper Cables?
A jumper cable is one of the many types of equipment that will help you boost your car battery when stranded by the roadside.
It’s like a first aid kit that improves your battery condition to keep you going.
Everybody who owns a car must have experienced or will experience at some point a lifeless car battery.
This could be one of your worst days especially when you do not have the right jumper cable to jump start your car.These cables are readily affordable and are the best company you can have in your boot.So, after taking a lot of time reviewing different brands, lengths, and gauges, there are a ton of options out there, we thought it would be helpful to share our findings.
If you already know how to use jumper cables and how to use a jump starter then let us move forward to choose the best one for you.After many hours of research, CarColonel have come up with some of the best jumper cables in this article and are sharing the pros and cons of each.[Don’t have enough time to read all of the best jumper cables reviews? We’re here to assist you! Click on a Product Name in the table and place your order now. We’ve picked the best of the best cables for you here…]
Our 10 Best Jumper Cables Reviews
1. Forney 52878 Jumper Cables
Forney battery jumper cables are one of the best and high-quality jumper cables present in online stores.
These jumper cables are super strong and capable of passing a good amount of power at a fast rate between two batteries.
These cables have an extraordinary long length of a maximum of 25 feet. The longer length of the cables is extremely useful and suitable if the distance between two vehicles is too long. And this cable is 25 feet long which is enough and considered as long length for a jumper cable.
Forney battery jumper cables are made with strong and high-quality welding copper cable. The clamps of these jumper cables are 500 amp heavy duty placed at the end of each cable.
The most amazing thing about these jumper cables is that the clips of these cables are extremely safe and the whole grip area of the clips is covered from the highest quality rubber.
These super quality jumper cables come with 3 different sizes, 12 feet, 16 feet, 20 feet and 25 feet with available colors which are black and white only. These cables have dimensions of 300 x 0.8 x 5 inches and weighed about 14 pounds.
What We Liked
- These jumper cables are High-quality cables with 500 AMP clamps.
- The long length of a maximum of 25 feet is helpful when the distance between two vehicles is long.
- These cables are safe for use because the clips have strong quality rubber as compared to other types of jumper cables.
- Cables made from high-quality copper as well as outside of the clips are made from steel which ensures the user’s safety.
What We Didn’t Like
- These jumper cables are too much costly as compared to the other items of the same type.
- The gauge of these cables in numbers is not listed.
2. Energizer 1-Gauge Jumper Battery Cables 800 AMP
Energizer battery jumper cables are extremely high quality and strong jumper cables. These cables are strong and powerful enough to charge the battery of any vehicle quickly.
These Energizer jumper cables’ strong build quality and high popularity inspired us to review this product.
These cables are famous for their safety and quality levels. These are easy to use and have an attractive design as compared to other jumper cables.
By proper examination, we have come to the decision that this product will be the better choice among all the other jumper cables of the same prize and build quality.
Although many other cables of different brands are only useful for small vehicles like cars, small vans, etc.
But these Energizer cables are marvelous to be used for all type of small container trucks, full-sized cars, medium-sized pickup trucks, Vans, and freight lifting trucks.
These amazing jumpers have handles which are covered with high-quality rubber coating for better gripping and safe use.
Not any other jumper clip handles have this type of high-quality rubber coating that protects us from high electric shock.
The jumper clamps are coated with a special quality vinyl coating which makes the clamps corrosion and rust proof.
Whether there is summer or winter, the aluminum-copper cables are capable of remaining flexible and maintaining its quality.
There are two types of post batteries, “top” and “side” and these jumper cables are suitable for these both types of post batteries.
These jumper cables are considered heavy duty, which can charge batteries super fast by getting as much amount of power from other batteries as they can as well as these cables are lightweight and easy to travel.
These cables are available in different sizes, 1 gauge 25 feet, 1 gauge 30 feet, 2 gauge 16 feet, 2 gauge 20 feet, 4 gauge 16 feet, 4 gauge 20 feet and 6 gauge 16 feet and approximately have the weight of 11.5 pounds.
Energizer jumpers are available with 2 attractive and non-erasable colors which are black and red used to show positive and negative terminals.
This product also comes with a free bag, which makes it easy and standard to travel these jumpers.
What We Liked
- Energizer jumper cables are 800 AMP cables which are of extremely high quality.
- It’s very much popular among the Jumper Cable users.
- Easy to handle and transport with waterproof resistance quality.
- These jumper cables are very cheap in price as compared to its quality and service.
What We Didn’t Like
- The quality of the wire coatings is not up to the mark.
- These jumper cables cannot be used for extreme heavy vehicles like big container trucks, full-sized trucks, buses, and coasters.
3. EPAUTO Jumper Cable (1 Gauge 25 Ft. 800AMP)
EPAUTO booster jumper cable is high quality and heavy duty jumper cable that can charge your weak battery in a very short period.
Although this jumper cable is of 1 gauge it is very fast in charging as well as durable and high quality as compared to the other jumper cables of same quality.
It has a length of 25 feet which can be suitable if the length between the two vehicles is more than 10-15 feet. The clamps and cable quality is ultra-premium and strong. No weather conditions can harm the cable or clamps, as well as this whole jumper cable, have 800 amp capacity.The especially of this product is that this whole package of booster jumper cable comes with a bag as well as safety gloves to ensure the safety of your life by preventing you from electric shocks despite what electrical work you are doing. This cable of this jumper is made up of a mix of high quality and strong copper and aluminum.
What We Liked
- 100% user satisfaction
- Including the small trucks, cars, and other medium-sized vehicles, these jumper cables are also suitable for motorcycles.
- These whole battery jumper cables also come with a bag and pair of gloves to ensure the user’s safety.
What We Didn’t Like
- Ends of these cables do not have much protection. The ends are open and easy to touch.
- The wires used in the cables are not that high quality.
4. Voilamart Auto Jumper Cables (2 Gauge 3000 AMP 20FT)
Voilamart auto jumper cables are extremely heavy duty jumper cables that your vehicle needs at the time of emergency when your battery becomes dead or weak.
Because these jumper cables use a very thick rubber cover around its clamps which as well as its gripping area which highly minimizes the risk of getting shocked.
The gauge of these jumper cables is 2, which is highly effective, most powerful in transferring energy from one battery to another.
These cables have 3000 AMP power and come with a carry bag to safely put these jumper cables when not in use. These cables have a special thing that it boosts the rate of power and speed of sending power to the battery.These cable jumpers are highly heat resistant and have tangle-free cable. These cable jumpers are best for vehicles 6V, 12V and 24V vehicles which include, cars, vans as well as large agricultural vehicles and trucks.
They are also suitable for engines up to 9500cc. The dimensions of this product contain 13.3 X 13.2 X 4.4 inches. The outer diameter of the cable is 14mm and material used is copper clad aluminum.
What We Liked
- These jumper cables are high quality and for heavy duty use.
- These are highly safe because a very thick rubber cover is wrapped over the clamps.
- Inner wires of the cable are 10 mm in diameter which is considered as highly strong and thick.
- These jumper cables have a sharp tooth of clamps minimizing the chances of being slipped from battery terminals.
What We Didn’t Like
- Sometimes there are some issues regarding the packaging of the product and some items may be misplaced.
- The quality of the wires of the cables falls below the mark.
5. CARTMAN Heavy Duty Jumper Cables – 800A, 1 Gauge x 25
Every vehicle should have jumper cables in the box. This Jumper Cable is adequately made of CCA (Copper Coated Aluminum). The cable is perfect for large size pickup trucks, large entertaining vehicles, and carriage moving vehicles. The cable has 800 AMP and over 50% greater conductor that is a 2-gauge cable.The cable is TPR substantial and short temperature resistant from -13F to 25C. Jumper Cables fit top and side post batteries and carry a deluxe carry bag for free. This is copper covered wire and just aluminum element coated with copper.4 gauge aluminum cables are not as good since copper has 40% more conductivity than aluminum. So, this Jump Cable is actually equivalent to a smaller gauge of actual copper wire.Aluminum also breaks further easily when it’s getting warmed up and flung around in a trunk year after year. Still, though, this is built well and the other parts are a nice trace. The promoted moving case is really very nice and the gloves and brush are suitable for an all complete buy it put it in the box kit. The cables are very weighty.
What We Liked
- The cable jumper grasp held well and bit through the dye on the battery terminals to make a solid connection.
- The cable has notable weight. It sells with a bag, gloves and a metal brush to clean the terminals.
- All the things fit nicely into the bag.
- This is a value price item and has a great presentation.
What We Didn’t Like
- The inner conductor is reproduction plated with spoil copper but clad aluminum.
6. Road Power 08660 Ultra Heavy-Duty Auto Battery Booster Cables
The Auto Battery Booster Cables have polarization labels that blush in the dark. The cables have ergonomically designed handles that make it easier for everybody. In warm and cold climates, these are the preferred cables.The cables fit to top and side post batteries, it has prolonged jaw covers grooves that help lock it in place.
Road Power has specially designed clamps that are easily gripped by all hand strengths and sizes. The unique style of clamps can fit both side post battery terminal and top post batteries. All strengthened clamp exteriors are shielded to prevent short circuits and all conductive clamps surfaces are settled to avoid accidental interaction.These cables are insulated with design to remain flexible down to -94 degrees Fahrenheit. The cables have the strongest consumer base available.
What We Liked
- These cables are for daily use of consumers and also for frequent use for professionals who want to use real copper cables.
- The handles appear to be properly stable, which is important. This is well built, solid and big hard clamps having a long cable so to move the vehicle around or anything if needed.
- These cables are suitable to track the back of the truck and hook up to the batteries.
What We Disn’t Like
- The strain relief is not crumpled putting all the stress on the copper wires.
TOPDC Jumper Cables have a good presentation with a five-year warranty. The both sides of the jaw are made with copper covered aluminum and pure copper.
It is specially designed like this for easy electrical conductivity, safety of the consumers and also for easy power transfer.
The booster cable is made up of 20 Feet jumper part and 5 Feet stably installed part. The size of the cable is very much useful and is absolutely compatible for full-sized cars, cargo vans, mid-sized pickup trucks and even for cargo vehicles.
The size of the cable is also easily usable for smaller cars. It is also designed to avoid tangles.
The cables are insulated with PVC that stands for polyvinyl chloride; which is a synthetic thermoplastic material. It is specially known for its durability and ability to maintain its performance over an extended period.
PVC insulated cables are resistant to almost all inorganic chemicals like it is impact resistant, fire-retarding and resists microbial growth.
It is undoubtedly a highly stable product that makes the jumper cable to remain flexible at -40F to 167F or 75C, making it weather resistant. These cables are designed in a way of being very easy to connect. They come with period guide tag and safety gloves.
These gloves are safe enough to ensure that you do not get electrocuted while working with the cables. Your safety comes first to them.
The jumper cables have strong clamps designed for both side and top post batteries. They hold on to the battery terminal really strong and makes the power flow smooth without any interaction. They also prevent the falling off of the clamps.
What We Liked
- The connection and the cable fit easily into the box and remain ready for a quick hookup.
- This product is well worth the cost.
- The cables feel well made and can be installed quickly without any hassle.
What We Didn’t Like
- The clamps do not even align with each other sometimes.
- The eyelets are also as cheap as they come.
8. Heavy Duty Jumper Cables (1 Gauge- 25 ft. 900 AMP STRONGEST and LONGEST)
Heavy Duty Jumper Cables 1 gauge x 25ft is the strong and long life cables designed for heavy-duty vehicles.
It’s made of 100% copper jaw designed with anymore thick PVC covered offering special droplet resistance and shielded protection. Cables have extremely conductive copper coated aluminum and double grip design. The cables can be comfortably fixed on both top and side post batteries.
They are jumbled free PVC insulated wires which remain flexible at a temperature as low as 40F. The cable comes with a carry bag that is tough and dependable when securing and storing the booster cables. The cables may be used in all kinds of weather. The jaws have an excellent ,unique and attractive design. At the time of sale, the cable included package of a durable carry bag and one bright LED light.
The jumpers are made with 100% copper material. Jumper Jaws exterior is a nylon protective shield that makes the jumper tougher.The cables are popular for their sufficient boost from a behind vehicle. In Trucks, it is up to 25 feet. These jumper cables are Ideal for use in full-sized pickup trucks, large recreational vehicles and freight hauling vehicles.
These cables persist flexible in the cold weather down to -40′ or 40′ C. The cable’s weight is 9.75 lb.
These jumper cables are useful to jump start another vehicle of any kind. They are one of the sturdiest and more durable jumpers cables. They are long, strong, and the clamps can grip a variety of battery terminals and they are the perfect product for you to buy!
What We Liked
- The cable is seemed to be built hard and no issues to report.
- It makes the vehicle easy to jumpstart and its length is outstanding.
- The vehicle can be parked behind and can easily be jump started in their pickup.
- The cable has a nice thickness and is still rather flexible. They make sure that the cable gets all copper.
- The copper is a much better conductor of electricity and works well for intended purposes.
- The quality and finishing is high end, and the price is affordable.
What We Didn’t Like
- Heavy duty cables but unluckily the bag that comes with them is not very well built.
- Cable’s bag zipper can break in a very short period.
9. FJC 45245 2 Gauge Parrot Clamp Professional Booster Cable
FJC Parrot Clamp Professional Booster Cable is a highlighted and standard cable and available at affordable prices.
The cable is licensed and has several controlling testing ideas to meet the appropriate needs for care, value, effectiveness and environmental friendliness.This cable meets and tops the hopes of the consumer. The cable is copper clad aluminum well built and flexible with clamp design and finely attached.
External finish of the product defines the quality of the mirror housing. For example, certain parts may have a black or chrome polish though others may be a shade to match to ensure the nearby contest to vehicles current color.By this cable, the vehicle possibly starts at the first pick. The clamps are well attached to the cable. The cable meets all the outcome necessities at a portion of the cost. Packing is well and in the original company box. Clamps surely are excellent. The cable connected to the clamps seems proficient. The booster cables have a maximum number of AMPs for which the aluminum cables are not capable of moving in equal to or greater than the highest esteemed copper cables.The cable coil simply detaches after use. The cable has a connector on one end, so the battery quickly connects and disconnects. Copper layering provides a shield against rust and makes these cable connections more steadfast. The cables are commercial duty cable. It has 2 gauges, 25 feet in length, and has 600 AMP with parrot clamps.
What We Liked
- The cable is outstanding and works well for the attainment of equipment almost anywhere.
- Easy to roll up and store.
- Great for the longer motor home like vehicles where scope might be important. FJC cables came up as one of the highest series of cables on several assessments.
- The pear-shaped connectors have a full layering to avoid accidental contact and seem to be very strong.
- These cables are available at an affordable price.
- The clamps are very strong and they will last a long time.
What We Didn’t Like
- The cable looks copper, on cutting the parrot jaws off one end of the set to mount quickly disconnects by pulling.
- The insulating plastic is so low cost that by merely heating the copper connector, the heat moves to the wire causing the plastic to swell.
10. Kodiak Heavy Duty 1 Guage x 25 Ft Jumper Cables
Kodiak 1 Gauge 25 Feet Jumper Cables are the best for all kinds of vehicle batteries to increase their efficiency. The cable is perfect for urgent situations permitting you to jumpstart the car even if the patrol vehicle is behind.The cables flow the current smoothly in all automotive requirements. The jumpers will supply the sufficient flow of current when and where current is necessary to supply.The jumper cable is completely glazed with high strength of clamps permitted for hard joints on the fitted battery terminals.The company will give a 100% warranty ever and provide free instructional PDF if you buy their product. It also gives a lifetime period of time to purchase a lifetime pleasure warranty as the user varies on the proficient class cable.This 25 feet long cable permits for capturing by any location around the vehicle. The cable is perfect for 12V and 24V batteries. The cables are planned for rapid and easy loading.
What We liked
- This is the best creation at the best price. It has a fine storing capacity.
- Non-Jumble quality and is very useful and great.
- It is flawless and fits under the backseat of the vehicle.
- The cable appears lovely as being finished with valuable material.
- The cable is justly elastic and the clamps are brilliant as well as color laminated and insulated to eliminate and prevent shorts.
- The jowl interacted external is a pointed thick copper to maintain a constructive contact.
- A lateral advantage is the better functioned LED light that even has a magnet to fasten it to any metal shallow.
- The cables also come with very good closures to save them clean and convenient.
- The clamps can be mounted off simply without disturbing or producing a spark because the clamp grips are entirely coated in protected material.
- The cable may be bound uptight but goes into the carry case very well.
What We Didn’t like
- The zipper of the case is vulnarable.
- The cable is very well made but the cable case is not up to the mark.
What to Consider Before Buying the Best Jumper Cables for You
Having the great jumper cable can be your only solution betweensleeping at the side of the road with a dead battery or getting a boostfrom a fellow motorist.You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to purchase thisequipment which does not align with your battery model.This is whywe spent a quality time, getting you a very nice review and a veryhandy guide for buying one suitable jumper cable for your vehicle.You already know that that there is a wide array of jumper cablesavailable in the market. They vary in length, quality, thickness, color,peak, amps and even the insulation material.There are also many counterfeit products which might cause fire,electric shock and other problems. For these reasons, we recommendyou for considering the following factors before buying a jumper cable.
Thickness of wire:
When we say thickness of wire, we mean the inner copper wire gauge,not the diameter of the cable.Thicker wires have a smaller gauge and they can handle higher peakamps. Most people use 8-gauge cables on their private cars. However, a6-gauge cable is better since it offers a higher peak amp.If you have along truck or an SUV, you may require a 4-gauge wire toconduct a higher voltage into their massive batteries.
Maximum cranking and peak AMPs:
The cranking and peak AMPs of two different jumper cables might notbe the same.Cables with higher peak AMPs tend to be thicker, stronger and moredurable than those with lower peak AMPs.Most standard jumper cables are built to withstand around 300cranking AMPs. Such cables are suitable for most cars since most ofthem have smaller and less powerful batteries.On the other hand, if you intend to use the cable on an SUV or a heavytruck, select a cable with more peak AMPs. Heavy-duty jumper cablesare built to handle about 1200 peak AMPs which are enough to jumpstart a large vehicle.
Best jumper cable gauge
A lower gauge allows for more power to pass through which in the longrun enhances faster charging.Do not get caught up by the enticing tags at the store shop. A gauge ofsay 6 will allow more power as compared to a gauge of 10. You reallyneed to pay close attention to the number of gauges before making apurchase.
We all know that there are various jumper cable manufacturers acrossthe globe. Their technical process, manufacturing experience and evenquality of their products vary from one another.Big companies are well equipped and have enough resources to doadvance experiments and improve the quality of their products. So, wesuggest you to select a jumper cable from a trusted company to avoidproblems.
The best heavy-duty jumper cable for starting a vehicle is either madeof pure copper or copper clad aluminum. These materials are goodconductors of electrical energy and they are highly reliable for you.In addition, there is minimal loss of electrical energy when using wiresmade of these materials.
Price of the cable:
High quality jumper cables tend to be more expensive than standardmodels. However, the price of the same type of cable can also varyfrom one retailer to another.Generally, low quality cables tend to be cheap but the downside is thatthey won’t last long. Low quality cables might become a safety hazard ifthey are poorly insulated.If you don’t want a cable that will drain your finances, go for standardcables. With the appropriate length, a 12 feet cable that can handleabout 800 peak amps can serve you perfectly if you have a small car.However, don’t consider the price if you have a long truck or an SUV. Itis a bad idea to use a cheap cable on such vehicles as it won’t last long.
The thickness of the insulating material varies depending on the qualityof the cables. Cables with thick insulation are perfect for outdoor usesince they can resist wear and tear.Unfortunately, not all thick cables are good for outdoor use since someof them don’t have water resistant insulation.Cables that are splash proof can prevent undesired electric shock andloss of electrical energy. They are also more durable since they can withstand extreme weather conditions and varying outdoortemperatures.
Length of the cable:
Jumper cables also vary in length. We advise you to select a long cablesince it is handy in various scenarios.A standard 12 feet cable can work perfectly if two vehicles are close toeach other.However, they will be rendered useless if there is another vehicle or alarge object in the middle. In such cases, buying a 25 feet long cable willbe the best decision for you.They will come handy not only when you have a small car but also inthe case of your having a long truck or SUV.
So these are the best solutions to your problem of finding the most suitable Jumper Cables for you and what to know before buying them. Our expert team spent a huge amount of time to bring a qualityful suggestion only for you.
If you like our article or have any questions or inquiries, you are cordially requested to leave it in the comment box below. Thank you for staying with us.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Details Here.